Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm Back!

Ok, wow, it's been WAY too long since I've updated here, I know. However, last week quickly got ridiculously busy to the point where I was gone all day and studying all night. I won't try to write on everything from last week, but there were a couple of highlights. I missed only 1 question again on the exam, and I also scored pretty well (for me) on the PFT we took Friday morning. Posted randomly within this post are pictures from some sim practice I did last week.

This past weekend, however, was especially great! Dad was going to be visiting Calvary in Montgomery on Sunday, so I drove out there Friday night as soon as I could get out. I got in around 830ish to the maxwells. Soon after Michelle and Luke showed up and we all talked for a bit and put together some nice sandwiches. Had a great night with the Smith's, and Luke and I got into some great discusions, as always! Dad was not originally going to make it in that night due to a slightly late start, but then he made good time and realized that he also lost an hour coming west, so he made it in around midnight and I got to go over and see him again.

This weekend was also a very fatty weekend. Saturday morning we all met at Golden Corral for breakfast with the Maxwells (juniors and seniors), Smiths (Juniors and Senior), and another family that was staying with Grammie and Grandpie. Then we chowed down. What a great breakfast! That afternoon I did get some studying done while Dad got a haircut and changed the oil in his car. I also watched Amazing Grace with Luke and Michelle, which was a really good movie! That night we were over at Grammie and Grampie's for another HUGE dinner and were over there for quite a while enjoying each other's company before going back and crashing that night. Oh, and this whole past weekend little Kaitlyn was just the sweetest thing with me! She kept asking me to hold her, and then would also came over while I was sitting on a couple of occasions and just lay her head against my leg. She's so cute! She's getting words down and a bit, and also sign-language on top of that! So funny!

Sunday morning we went to church at Calvary, and then Dad and I went to Panera before lunch to have a bit of time together. We had some coffee and split a breakfast muffin over some highly, highly intelligent (of course!) banter. But really, I enjoyed getting to see Dad again (and the rest of the fam too, of course) and our talk together Sunday morning as well. We had lunch at the Maxwells, and then I left around 1500 to get back home in time to do some more studying for my Sim on Monday. Dad promised he and will get through here sometime before they head back to Indonesia, so I'm looking forward to that!

Yesterday my sim went well, and I got another 'good' overall rating. It was another long day too because I had a later sim, and then also had to study for both a test and a sim today. Today's test went ok, I missed 3 giving me around a 94%. It was definately a tough test, from everyone I talked to it seems like most scores dropped a good bit from the norm. My sim today went really well too, with an 'Excellent' grade overall! The Lord has really blessed in all my efforts here so far. I'm feeling confident that this is all definately stuff I can handle, but I'm figuring out more and more just how much work this next year is going to take!

Cindy graduates tomorrow from PCC, and I got some great news from talking with Dad earlier that she found out she got the highest graduating honors of Suma Cum-Laud! (spelling? You can tell I didn't graduate with honors...) So I am very proud of her. Cindy put in a LOT of work these past 4 years, and has pushed herself so hard to get those awesome grades she's had. On top of that, she also minored in a language while she was there. Congrats, Sis, I'm proud of you!

No comments: