Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday again!

Well, it was only a 4-day week but it was certainly long enough, Uncle, Uncle! Glad that's over with, one more week closer now to graduation and wings! Had my 4006 ride today which finishes up the block, and I was pretty happy with it! I went from 4 bad radio calls yesterday (which at 25c each cost my $1 this morning) to being the only one NOT to get one this evening during second go flying! Got a lot more work at Gunshy (our auxiliary field) as well today, and I need all the pattern work I can get right now. All in all a great flight, though, I actually didn't feel like I was trying to catch up the whole, which is awesome!

I also got a good little work out in this afternoon as well. Before I left I asked about getting a permanent locker there instead of having to bring all my stuff back and forth every day, and they were very helpful about putting me on a waiting list. However, the list is 3 pages long; so basically by the time I make captain in 4 years I MIGHT have a locker...What they don't know is I've been using a 'permanent' locker every day I've been there for the past few weeks, and no one else seems to be using it. So, maybe I'll accidentaly leave my stuff in there, lock it, and the locker may just happen to become mine. We'll see...

No plans for this evening right now, just going to stick around here and chill out then get some sleep. Tomorrow night a bunch of guys are going to a race at one of the dirt tracks here in Columbus [yay Redneckville! :)] but I'm not sure if I'm going to go with them or not at this point.

One our fellow students started the dropping-out process this past wednesday, but he's back with us now. I'm hoping he'll be staying for the long haul, but he's got to make the decision himself as to whether or not this is what he wants to do with his life. It's certainly not for everybody.

I'm actually starting to relax a bit more into the program here now. I feel like now that we're a couple of weeks in I have a better feel for what to expect. I realize that it's a training environment, so a lot of things are there just to add a little stress on our lives, but I see it all as a big training 'game' like BCT or so many of the other things I went through at the Academy, and surprisingly not much has bothered me here. I'm pretty confident I'm going to make it through (Lord willing) and at this point I just need to put in the time and effort and stay focused.

And on to the weekend. I'm going to get some dinner.

No comments: