Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fly Day!

Yes, and the weather cleared today!! I got to fly for the first time since last Thursday today, and I was glad to finally get up again! I was definately really rusty after so long of a break between flights, but I caught up pretty quickly and I got a lot accomplished and made some good progress today as well. I flew with a guest IP today and I liked his teaching style, I'll remember not to mess up the things I messed up today because he actually let me mess them up, and then corrected me afterwards when I usually failed to see my errors. That way I really will remember what NOT to do, and it emphasizes to me what to do correctly. Tomorrow is my 6th and last flight in the block so everything needs to be up to minimum passing standard. I brought up all 4 things today that previously were not up to par, but I dropped one other category in the process. So tomorrow I just need to get everything right on and caught up. I actually enjoyed the flight today even though it was a little rough on the edges so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's sortie. I'll be coming back again a little bit before sunset so it should be a good view if nothing else.

No plans yet for the weekend or tomorrow night. I'd like to see the new Narnia if I can find someone to go with me. Otherwise we have a big test on monday over instrument flying that I've got to put some really good study time into. Also, I must have messed up like 10 radio calls today and I REALLY have to work on those. And I'm sure somewhere in there I'll have to make some time to relax a bit too. DQ signing out...

No comments: