Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pre-Dollar-Ride Sunday



Just finished preparing my dollar to give to the IP giving me my dollar ride tomorrow. It's a tradition that dates back a good ways, evidently, that the student gives the IP giving them their first ride in the plan a dollar, and over the years they've been decorated or adorned in different fashions to commemorate the ride. I'm hoping you can click on the image and zoom in or save it and zoom in to be able to see the detail (if interested). I'm going to put the IP's name in the bottom right, and finish of the date to the left (left the day out in case it gets canceled or something).

We had a good service this morning, and Jason invited me to sit in the very front with him again. So we ended up with a row full of the youth department, with me randomly in the middle of them! Oh well, guess it helps me feel 'young' again. After the service I went with Bro. Jonny and Bro. Chuck and their families to a mexican joint called Tampico Bay downtown, and it was some good eatin'! It was really nice to get a chance to fellowship this afternoon with them as well.

Sadly I'm not going to make the service tonight, however. And on top of missing the service, they're having cake and punch afterwards for the graduating seniors, as well as a back auction that I'm going to miss! I've yet to miss a service since coming out here, which was a goal I set for myself and felt like the Lord would want (obviously), so I didn't make this decision lightly. But, I have to be up by 0330 tomorrow, so in order to get a full night's sleep I'll need to be in bed at 1930, and then I got to do that 4 times this week! So, like it or not, I have to get all the sleep I can to be as alert as possible this week with those awful wakeup times. Already last week I was really fighting sleep, and these next days will be even earlier. Anyways, that was something I really struggled with, but I know the Lord knows where my heart is, and I'd make it if I could!

So, back to the books in preparation for this week. I'm really looking forward to that flight tomorrow, and plan on taking my camera with me so I should have some good pictures to put on here soon from the flight! And I will post 2 more pictures here in a second.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I liked your dollar bill you made. Pretty cool! I hope your flight goes well.

Dan Quinlan said...

Thanks, my IP seemed to like it too! And the ride went great!