Thursday, May 22, 2008

4th ride complete

4 flights in 4 days, what a week! While yesterday's flight was rather on the rough and dissapointing side, however, today's was awesome! The weather was beautiful with a pretty solid layer of clouds between 5 and 7 thousand feet. So, when we climbed up to 7k and broke through them, it was beautiful! The sun was shining in a blue sky with a layer of the softest, puffiest clouds you've ever seen, downright breathtaking! My takeoff today was so much smoother, as were most of my landings, though my patterns need some work still. We also acted as the chase ship for another plane in our flight that had a gear malfunction indication. So, we traveled in formation with them and got right under them to check the gear out for any visual indications that something might be wrong. Then, to top it all off my area work was vastly better than before. The slow flight especially and most of my stalls felt really natural today. Then we did some 'cloud chasing' on the way back, which was a blast. Really today's flight was exactly what I needed because I was feeling kind of down about yesterday's sortie. Then, I even made some time for a quick workout at the gym while the second go was in the air this morning.

Also, tomorrow morning's showtime is going to be something way more gentlemanly, like around 830 or so; and it's only a half day. Then, we have monday off as well! So, I'm going to get some much needed rest this weekend, but also some much needed extra study. I'm learning so much right now, but there's still SO much left to learn. I need to really dedicate some time to chair flying this weekend so my brain will just get some of the step-by-step processes down pat so I can then focus on the other aspects of flying.

I wish we could get out of here on the weekend, as I just heard from Aunt Cheri that Grandma and PaLee are coming down to Montgomery for the weekend and leaving Tuesday. If I was aloud to, I'd definately be going out there tomorrow, but our flight commander even reiterated again today his rule that we are not to leave for the next 3 weeks or so on the weekends as he feels (and probably rightly so) that we need to really dedicate some study time to all of this stuff upfront. Oh well...

This Saturday I'm planning on making it to visitation with Lighthouse. I got a call from Eric last night at 830 or so (of course I was asleep already by then but got the message this morning at around 4) inviting to go to that and then go get some coffee or something afterwards. I've been wanting to make it on visitation, and this will be the best opportunity with such a long weekend. Should be a good time.

No comments: