Tuesday, May 13, 2008

100-Excellent-500+

Wow, it's a pretty big day! This morning we finally did have our Contact phase exam, and I got my first 100% since physio! I spent 6+ hours studying for this one, so at least it payed off. Also, after 4 solid hours of studying last night, I got an Excellent overall rating on my sim today, and had a pretty good ride. It was quite hilarious, though, as my IP ended up getting himself quite confused in the sim. We were a pattern that he rarely does, so he had me turn at the wrong place, and got us all confused. Then he tried to fix it by moving the plane to different landmarks on the computer controlling the sim, and two or three time it still wasn't right and I had to point it out each time! I felt for him, though, as he's a good instructor, but he was being watched over today himself by a major to make sure the IP was doing well. So, of all days for him to get turned around! But finally we got it right. Then, on another procedure in the pattern, he got a couple of other things confused as well, and I had to correct that too! So, in the debrief he complimented me on my knowledge and marked me up on the grade card. At least it was a good opportunity to show-case what I know!

And to round it all out, I've had over 500 hits on this site now! That's not bad considering only a relatively small number of people actually know about it. Of course Dad's only been on here a couple of times himself (just picking on you...). It's a good thing Mom shares everything! ;) Oh, and a belated happy mother's day to all you mother's out there, inclduing of course all my adopted moms. I actually remembered it this year, and I got a card sent to Mom last Wednesday or Thursday, so I was quite proud of myself.

I also got my car dropped off at the shop today. The windshield and brakes should be finished tomorrow. It's still a hefty sum, but I feel I'm getting a pretty good deal on the repairs after shopping around for a few hours yesterday. I'm hoping after this and the oil change yesterday as well that I shouldn't be spending any more on this car for a while besides gas. Which by the way was up to 3.75 a gallon yesterday for the cheap stuff! This is when it's nice to have a bike that gets 55 mpg!

This evening I'm covering the callouts and radio calls and trying to get those memorized along with a good number of the inflight checks. 2 more days to the flightline!

1 comment:

Lone Star Purrs said...

You did better than me on Mother's Day!! I forgot to send cards, but remembered to call. Not like we haven't been busy here or anything. Congrats on all the good news in the post.
~B