Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grad shout-out to Kenny

Almost forgot, this is Kenny's graduation Friday! I'll literally be in the air tomorrow during his graduation if my flight goes as currently scheduled, so I probably won't even get to call him until way later. Kenny has also kept the Quinlan Kids tradition of graduating Valedictorian with a 4.0!! Not bad for the 6-foot 'runt' of the litter, huh?


Ken, I'm proud of you, little bro', and looking forward to watching you attack the next big step in life: Bible college! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you both in the near future and down the road. I know He has great things ahead, just hold the course and like Dad told me before I left for the Academy: "roll with the punches" that life's going to throw at you. And get excited, college is a great experience and you're going to get to do and see so many new things and places. Even more importantly, you're going to meet some great people and make some friendships that will last you the rest of your life. Have a great graduation and eat some extra cake for me!

5 comments:

Lone Star Purrs said...

Congrats to your "little" brother!!
~B

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a Quinlan kid and I didn't graduate 4.0! ;) I guess that "Quinlan" tradition comes down from your mother's side...since she did! LOL! I get props for marrying her though...

I enjoy your blog, Bub! ...and DO read it regularly...

Love,
Dad

Dan Quinlan said...

Thanks, Becky!

Dad, it was great to get to your comment! Just got back from flying around 745 and it cracked me up. I was just thinking "yeah but you married her, so that counts" when that's exactly what I read. Hilarious! And thanks for reading, that means a lot! :)

-Bub

Heather said...

Ken's graduation was awesome. You would have loved it. He was such a great speaker in the content of his words and in how how he spoke. I am so happy and proud of my "lil' brother."

Dan Quinlan said...

Aw, yeah he told me his speach must have gone really well because he got a lot of compliments on it. And what can I say, he learned from the best! :) But really, he's got so much potential in the area of public speaking as well, and I guess the general direction the Lord is calling him in right now anyways!