Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday of a very long week

What a long week, I just am NOT an early-to-rise kind of guy! Once again, though, there was a nice moon out on my way to work this morning, the really odd part is that the sun was out when I went to bed...

Today's ride was pretty rough. We did pattern work most of the time out, and I still need a lot of work on my landings! The good thing is that I really felt it on my very last landing after we returned to our airfield, and I think I can do that again. Only problem was, I was still slow on the descent. I think my biggest problem is that I'm just not moving fast enough to keep up with the air plane. It doesn't help that I feel so tired either. Tonight I'm prioritizing sleep over anything else and plan on being in bed by 7. All in all I think it was a profitable flight, though, as I really know now what I need to focus on to get better. Tomorrow is mostly focused on area work so I'll be trying to improve stalls, slow flight, etc out in a working area. I tend to understand these maneuvers a little better than landing, so it should be a slightly better ride, but I'm needing to really go over the parameters for each of those maneuvers tonight as well as the departure and arrival work for the trip out and back

And I can't think of anything else to write right now, literally my mind is mush. So I'm going to go make a sandwich for tomorrow's lunch, take a shower, and try to finish up a little more in the books before hitting the sack. Thank goodness Friday is a half-day and Monday is off!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big surprise....you still haven't figured out landings. Couldn't land at the Academy either. Remember to ride out the ground effects. Ride it hard, ride it long....that's my motto. Then again, you're in an aircraft while I'm playing Xbox. It'll come. Good luck!
~Allan

Dan Quinlan said...

Ha, yeah, but it was much better today at least. Enjoy your xbox while you can, man, time starts to run out FAST when things really get going!!