Monday, May 26, 2008

End of Memorial Day Weekend

And the long weekend went by way too fast! Ryan's parents did make it in on Friday and left early Sunday morning. They set up an inflatable bed in the office, which was really to have. They were really appreciative of me allowing them to stay here, as I guess there have been problems with that in the past with other room mates, but of course I just figured I'd want the same if my mom and dad were coming in!

I spent much of the weekend resting, relaxing, watching movies, and getting laundry and shopping and such done. Friday night I got an invite to watch the new Indiana Jones with Mike, Keith and Obi, and it was pretty good! Definitely unbelievable in many parts, but funny and a good action movie--go Harrison Ford! Earlier that evening Ryan's parents also took us out to the Santa Fe steakhouse in town, and that was some good eatin'. Then Saturday morning I went on visitation and then Eric and I went out for coffee afterwards. We had a really good chat and he shared a vision that the Lord's laid on his heart to try to focus more outreach to the military on base for our church. I've actually been praying about much the same thing personally, so of course I was interested in helping when he asked! So, we are going to see where the Lord leads in that area, and where He'll open some doors. We'd like to do some sort of activity with food (a great attraction for mostly-single guys) and have a salvation message/devotion along with it. This way we can try to not only reach the lost but also get the church out to people who may not know it's here.

I also got a lot of the leg work done this weekend for the Florida concealed carry I'm working on getting. It looks like once I have both a VA and FL carry license, I'll be licensed in almost every state in the US. Just need to get one form notarized this week and I'll be able to get that application packet sent in. Figured I'd better get this done before some anti-gun hippies take too much power and begin trying to cut back our rights.

On Sunday we had some good services, and I even got a workout in during the afternoon. After the evening service I stopped by our class leaders' place where a bunch of our class was having a BBQ and hung out there until around 9 or so before getting back in last night. Good times, we have some good people in our class and it's always nice to get a chance to hang out.

Today has been mostly spent studying and preparing to start back up tomorrow. The change in times is pretty drastic as now we have the late week schedule. Our first event is at 1015 instead of 0430, and my flight's take off will be around 1700 tomorrow instead of my usual 0600. Crazy! I think I will do much better with those hours, though, as I usually don't really wake up mentally until around 0900 or so anyways. I much prefer this late week to that super early week!

Mom sent me a crockpot recipe that I'm going to try for tomorrow as well. It'll cook all day while we're gone and then be pretty much ready to eat by the time we get back. Should make enough to freeze some and still have plenty left over for a few extra meals. That's my kind of cooking!

Well, it's back to the books for me. I'm really trying to get these departures, arrivals, and patterns down tight!

No comments: