Monday, April 28, 2008

Sim B1001 Complete!

This morning we got up in time to make it for a 0730 Self-Aid Buddy Care (SABC) briefing. Only problem was, we were the only ones to show up...no one was there to instruct us! So, our flight commander apologized, and told us to go home and be back by 9 for our first class of the day. It's funny because promptness is drilled into our heads over and over again here, but so far every base-sponsored event we have been to has started late, and there was another briefing where the instructor did show up at least, but was 14 minutes late in getting there. Oh well.

I had my first graded sim today: B1001 with 'Caveman'. He seems like a really nice guy and was very helpful in the sim earlier. He made sure that I knew all the 'whys' behind everything we were doing and gave me some good direction on how to improve my methods from today. He also made it very clear that I should go to him with any more questions I may have. The LSI instructors here definately seem to be very helpful on the whole, and definately focused on the 'teaching' part of our training. We had some good conversations today, I hope I get him again, I feel like I really learned some new things today. I was pretty happy with the results too. For most of the sim we get an 'unsat' rating for the individual parts (because we 'can't do it so far' by their standards), and then we get a 'good' rating overall for it which means we still passed the sim as a whole. It's a funny system, I know. But evidently my study payed off because I got a 'good' rating on my mission preparation and knowledge section. I'll take it!

We have our next test coming up on Wednesday and are going to have our first study group tonight to start going over the material for it. So far no one thing has been difficult, but the aero topics as a whole for this portion are rather confusing so it's probably pretty good for us to start studying early for this one. Also, we'll be having our PFT finally this Friday. Again, this is just pass-fail, but I'm not too worried about it, but I'm tailoring my workouts this week for that specifically.

Oh, and I got a call from Michelle yesterday that Dad is supposed to be in Montgomery this weekend! Thanks for telling me, Parents! Anyways, I'm going to confirm that tonight and if he really is coming down then I'll be planning on staying with Mich and Luke this weekend. I'll just have to bring some study material along with me.

Chaos and Oreo also seem to be getting along pretty well with each other. At least, they tend to ignore each other more than anything, which is good, I guess. Chaos was definately very nervous at first, but he's gotten used to Oreo pretty quick. Dumb dog had an 'accident' in my room this morning, though! We had a lot of rain yesterday and I guess she refuses to do anything in wet grass. So even though Ryan took her out 7 times yesterday and once again this morning before we left, she decided that the middle of my room was the best place to leave her present for us. Ugh. Oh well, good thing I had some scented candles, I lit 2 of them for this one!! Crazy dog. She's impossible to stay mad at though!

No comments: