Monday, April 7, 2008

Random decision of the day: Get a Pet!

So, as I was sitting in class today paying rapt attention to the briefer, a random thought entered my mind (as they often do): I still need to get a pet here!

So, what kind of pet does a single guy going through UPT get? I can't get a dog or cat because I just won't be around enough to take care of one. I'd love to get a ferret (yes, still), but they can also be high-maintainance and may have a distinct odor as well. I need something that can survive in an enclosed space like an aquarium, and that I don't have to constantly feed or water, or change the cage, etc. So what fits all those criteria the best? A SNAKE!! So, I'm going to do some research this week and then pick up my newest companion this weekend. I'll be sure to post some pictures of my little friend as soon as we get back home. --- Ha! Just kidding, I had to put that in out of consideration for all those snake-phobic people in my family.

But seriously, I'm thinking I'll get something along the hamster, gerbil, guinea pig family. And yes, I will be doing my research this week and then I'll go pet-shopping this Saturday probably. If anyone has any suggestions as to which of those three (or anything else about that size) to get, let me know!

On a side note I took a few pictures during some of the demonstrations this morning and plan on taking more this afternoon and will be sure to post those later.

No comments: