Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday 15 April 08

So, I got back this afternoon to find that Chaos was just bouncing off the walls to see me! He was so excited I just had to get a picture of him in his state of revelry:

And here he is just a second later, can't you see just how happy he is to see that Daddy's home! I was almost afraid I'd have to sedate him before he hurt himself. It's so great to feel loved...cats!

And yes, for those of you who may need a little help, Chaos is that lump in my otherwise flat comforter...in exactly the same spot I'd left him this morning!

Today was another day of most CAIs in the computer lab. This morning we had our first review which covered everything from yesterday. Tomorrow we have one more review and then our first systems exam is already coming up on Thursday. This one is supposed to be significantly more difficult than the previous two tests so I've really been taking my time and learning the material as I go. Tonight I plan on reviewing everything we've covered so far just to make sure it's all still in my memory.

When I got back home earlier I decided that it would do me good to run the mile + to the gym, work out, and then jog back. However, we are exercise security condition Charlie, so when I got to the gym congratulating myself on a good run, they wouldn't let me in because I didn't have my ID card! Of course, before I left I thought about grabbing it, decided not to since I've never once had to show it to get in in the past. And of course, the one time I don't have it, they ask for it! So I pretty much just started running again, throwing some pushups in on the way back home. Oh well...thanks Murphy.

Needing to do some more maintenance on my bike as the chain was sounding loose when I got back this weekend. It was dark at that point so I didn't check it, and then remembered to look after getting back this afternoon to see if I could tell if it was actually loose or not. That's when I saw that instead of being tight and stretched between the two sprockets, the chain was actually resting on the bar between the sprockets--yup, it's loose!! Anyways, I'm going to go fix that now before I break my kneck when it falls off...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan

We've spent our entire lives mocking cats and loving dogs. We have also DREAMED of having a dog sleep under the covers with us. the closest thing we got was bruiser, and he would jump off in an instant if you touched him. A cat. HOW did you find a cat that would sleep UNDER the covers with you!

happy for you, confused, and slightly disturbed,

Chaos's Uncle

Dan Quinlan said...

Yeah, I know, right? I guess I found about the coolest cat ever. I really can't describe him any better than just 'chill'. He's just such a chill cat! In fact right now he's just chillin out on my bed watching me typ this up, not a care in the world!