Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Madness

Have you gone through an entire day where you know you were busy all day, and you feel totally wiped out, but try as you can you can't really remember what you did all day? Today was like that... I have to admit that staying up late playing FF XII probably didn't help anything, but it was worth it! (I think) This morning we had CAIs through about 1230, and then we were at the personnel building for what was supposed to be a 3-hour safety brief; spare me! Luckily the guy giving it kept it to about half of that time. He was also really funny, I could definately see him as a stand-up comedian or something; but he definately kept things entertaining.

This afternoon I've been nursing another headache. I don't know if it's because of the changing weather we've been having or what, but it's not fun. Aleve has only been doing some marginal good. I also just finished ordering a shin-splint sleeve that should come in by the end of this week. I've had shin-splints since the second semester of senior year at the Academy, so about a year or more now and I haven't been able to totally get rid of them. I hope these sleeves will help me build the muscles back up. Thankfully it's only in one leg and not both of them. For the longest time I didn't think it was shin-splints, until I looked it up the other day online and every thing I read about them directly matched my 'symptoms'. I'm hoping this helps, if not I'll make it through UPT and then talk to the docs about it.

This past weekend was a lot of fun. Friday I was able to get the chain on my bike tightened which I've been needing to do for a while. Since getting to MS I've already put almost 600 miles on it, so I'm pretty happy about that. It's saves me gas money and it's been a lot of fun with the good weather we've been having off and on.

Saturday night was the fun part. 17 of us got tickets to go see the Mississippi Mudcats in Tupelo. The Mudcats are an arena football minors team, which I didn't even arena football had a minors! But, it was actually a great time. We drove up there in a few different vehicles, had a bit of an improvised tailgate beforehand, and then had center-field 3rd row seats close to the action! The game was great. Due in no small part to our wild cheering (I'm not kidding, a couple of our guys were out of there seats yelling for most of the second half), the Mudcats came back from behind to pull out a last minute W!

We even met up with one of our academic instructors out there who happened to be at the game, and he introduced us to the owner of the team. We even tentatively got his permission to use some sort of Mudcats theme for our class patch. It was a great time. The only thing I didn't like was this punk kid and his sister sitting behind me. His yelling was downright obnoxious as only a pre-puberty adolescent's voice can be, and I was on the verge of taking a bite out of his foam finger and spitting it back at him if he poked me with that thing one more time! Kids these days, I tell ya.

Also had good services on Sunday with a nice little nap in the afternoon. Then I studied back over everything we've covered since the last test to try to keep everything straight. And now I must go and study back over everything from today again. There were a few parts I need to get straight.

No comments: