Friday, April 11, 2008

FACT and Survival Successes!

Sure enough, that Monster came in really handy today! We were out the door around 0515 this morning, and then headed out as a class to a big field on base to launch signaling flares and practice igniting smoke and phosphorous ground flares. And hey, pyrotechnics are always fun!

After that, I finally got my egress training done today and then took the FACT. I had a good grader who wasn't overly harsh like one other I witnessed, and I ended up maxing it out with 225 out of 225 possible points! Yes! Too bad, this really doesn't count for anything as I'm not really shooting for fighters, but it's good bragging points if nothing else! Most of the class that I saw did really well on it as well, and I know a good number of others who maxed it as well including Ryan. Couldn't let him beat me on that one!

We took our second academic test today as well and I scored a 96% on that after missing one question. It was pretty tricky how they worded it, and I didn't even catch it until someone else pointed it out when we went back over the test. Oh well, just a brain glaze-over on that one i guess.

This afternoon we were done before 12 and didn't have anything until 1630 when we were to go support a selection night for class 08-08 the 'Dos Ochos'. So, I spent the whole afternoon doing a bunch of errands that needed doing here at the house, and that included a lot of time on the phone and the computer fighting red tape and catch-22 situations with a lot of address changes and some other things I was trying to get done. Not a fun way to spend the afternoon, but I got it all done that I needed to accomplish so I can now enjoy the weekend a little better.

The selection was pretty cool tonight, especially thinking that in one short year that's where I'll be, waiting to see what I'm going to fly and where. The exciting of those guys was catching! It was pretty funny though as we were the only dorks there in blues tonight and really stood out around so many others in flight suits and civies! Oh well, no big deal, we'll be wearing the bags again before long.

Also, I think I'm actually going to look into getting a cat tomorrow...It had crossed my mind a couple of days ago, and then Ryan mentioned the idea to me this morning and after we talked about it a bit I realized it wasn't such a bad idea. Ryan said he'd seen a shelter around here somewhere so I'll probably go down there tomorrow and see what I can find. I'm looking for a younger cat, but one that's already litter-trained. We'll see if the Lord provides something...should be an interesting use of a day though!

On another completely random note, the waffle iron I ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond (thank you Mrs. Setzer!) arrived today, so I'm going to sign off and make some waffles with eggs and sausage on the side!

No comments: