Friday, April 25, 2008

Thurs and Fri

Yesterday was a pretty 'typical' day for academics. Right now we're getting into the aeronautics portion of academics, and I don't even know if I can spell it right let alone get all that down! But luckily the instructors have been very helpful so far in putting everything into the level that we need to grasp. Last night I played FF XII for a few more hours after a decent workout. Again, I'm capitalizing on what little free time we have now before it's all gone! I tried out that shin splint sleeve yesterday but if anything my shin was hurting worse. I had to stop about 10 minutes into my run and walk it out for a while to get it to stop hurting. Not a good thing. My only consolation is that I won't be forced to do a lot of 'running' anytime soon. I prefer hitting the gym anyways.

Speaking of which, this past Wednesday night I hit the gym and did a great circuit of lifting. Then I joined Ryan and Rob in a game of cut throat racketball. I actually managed to squeak out a win against the two of them! Talk about a good workout though! I'm heading out this evening to lift again and then Ryan will meet me over there for a rematch!

Today we attended the 08-08 graduation ceremony. I was assigned to a detail to greet the arriving DVs for the ceremony. It was great to see them graduate, it really shows me what I'm aiming for over the next year. Going for those silver wings!

Spent a lot of time on the computers today going over some more aero and a LOT of operating procedures. The procedures aren't 'testable' but I'll be required to really have them down on the flightline. So it's still really important stuff!

On monday I have my graded simulator ride! It's just a 'checklist' ride where we basically follow and execute a checklist, so it should be pretty idiot proof. That being said, I have made an idiot of myself once or twice in the past...So over this weekend I'll be putting a lot of study into that as I want to score as well as I can.

Tomorrow I have an errands day scheduled. I need to get the oil and brakes replaced on my car, and I need to wash it and my motorcycle as well. Then I'll be driving around finishing up some other odds and ends as well.

Also, we'll be adding a new 'member' to the house tomorrow. Ryan is meeting his parents halfway to pickup his dog for the duration of a vacation they're taking. So Oreo will get to meet Chaos! I'm really curious to see how they each react, Chaos especially. He may be spending a lot of time under my bed covers over the few weeks...It will be pretty cool to have a dog around again, though!

I'm attaching a picture of a bunch of us at the game from last weekend. Everyone went down onto the field after the game and got to meet the players, and of course every one's favorite, the 'mud kittens'. Don't ask.



And a random shot of me trying to get the G-suit on last week:

No comments: