Monday, April 14, 2008

CHAOS in the House!!


The Face of Chaos!
So, on Saturday Ryan and I went out, and yes, I found a cat! I figure if I can't be married right now I still need some form of companionship! His name was Chaos, and since I can't think of a name cooler than that, I've decided to let him keep it. After talking to Cindy she said he had to have a middle name, so I think I'll call him Chaos Mayhem 'lolcat' Quinlan. Lolcat is the nickname Ryan gave him.
The funny thing about his name is that Chaos is about the most chill cat I have ever seen. This picture below is of him just chilling out on the floor boards of the car on the way home. He didn't care about wandering around exploring, nor did it bother him to be in the car, he just enjoyed his little cubby hole!

Here's me and my new boy chaos soon after getting him home.

The first night here Chaos decided he liked the middle of my bed for sleeping. By the time I woke up Sunday morning, he had crawled under the comforter and was curled up all nice and cozy against my legs. I left him there when I went to church and came back to find him in the exact same spot, still under the covers! That's where he's slept every night so far, and it's where I've found him every day when I get back into the house! He's about the laziest cat I've ever seen, and when he's not under my covers sleeping, he's on top of them meowing until either Ryan or I come by and pet him.

He's also really gentle I've found. When playing with him he'll bat with his paws a little, but he's never used his claws at all. He's given me a couple of bites as well when playing, but they're really light and come anywhere near breaking the skin. I don't know if he had some previous owners or not before I adopted him, but he definately knows how to play nice with those of us who have tearable skin! I found a couple of other cats who I looked at while at the humane society and they were not so nice! One clawed my arm when I picked him up, and another put a hole in my finger when I tried to withdraw my hand from the cage after petting him. I decided really quick they weren't for me! (bleeding tends to help me make up my mind on such matters)

Today we were back in the classroom during the morning for a lesson from an ILS instructor (the civilian agency our non-military instructor pilots (IPs) are from) and then went over to one of the hangars to get a tour of our training aircraft the mighty T-6A. It's a beautiful plane and I can't wait to start flying it!

The rest of the day was spent getting G-suits fitted and then doing a couple of hours of computer aided instruction (CAIs) where we basically do lessons on our own pace through a specialized interactive computer program. It's nice because I get to set my own pace, and after having read the same material the night before it really helps to solidify everything I'm going to need to remember. Tomorrow we will review the systems we learned today, and then cover teh communication and navigation systems in depth. I did the reading for both of those tonight (about 100 pages) and it's a lot of stuff! It's the kind of material that I really need to see the instruments themselves and just play around with them to really understand.

4 comments:

Lone Star Purrs said...

What a cute kitty!!! Great name too....hope he doesn't live up to it! Give him some scritches for me. Talk to you soon!
~Becky

Anonymous said...

Ok... you have a couple of requirements in order to retain your man-card. 1) Chaos must learn how to "pounce" on other animals. Stalking is also accepted. 2) The cat cannot wear bells on it's collar (prevents good stalking). 3) It cannot be scared of any dog that isn't knee high (it's ok to be scared of german shepards because they could eat it). You did a good job on naming the cat... i'll give you kudos on that. More man-card regulations to come, I expect to see progress in these areas soon. Good luck at UPT!
-Allan

Anonymous said...

I'm finally a Grandma!!!

Chaos is adorable!!!

LOVED Allan's man-card requirements! :)

Love you!
Mom

Dan Quinlan said...

Hahah, yeah he's a pretty cute cat! I know, Allan, I'll have to work on those requirements. Right now he does have a bell on, I'm sorry to say, but all the collars have bells on them. At first I thought it would help me in locating him, but since he never leaves my bed I guess I don't really need that one...

As far as stalking goes, I'm starting small. I'm working on teaching him to go find Ryan and meow at him in the most annoying way possible until he gets attention. It's worked once so far...Then I'll teach him more devious attacks from there...