Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Night week!

This is our night week, which is an even crazier schedule than ever, but I like it! I had my night flight tonight (every one gets 1 this week and then 1 on the cross-country rides). It was pretty sweet, but the weather could have been better. It looked like a monsoon before we stepped, and then rained most of the time while we were flying to pattern. It was a fun ride and a great intro to flying nights; it's just totally different feeling flying around without any really solid ground references or horizon. I actually had really smooth landing tonight, but the setup all the way down to actually flaring was awful for most of them as a result of not having those normal references.

Today I had an I-Sim with a Mr. Hines who was a very interesting instructor. I liked him 'cause he definately cared about teaching me and I could tell he really wanted to help me out and give me some good things to use to help my flying. But he was quite an eccentric character, that's for sure! I might have to visit him again in the future, though, if I have any questions, I know he'd be really happy to help.

This morning I finally got my car and new bike registered here in MS. That's one thing I'm really liking about having the mornings mostly off this week is that I'm getting things done I usually can't accomplish during the week.

Looks like Mom and Dad are going to be down here at the end of the month thru the first Sunday in August now. I'm really looking forward to having them here and seeing them again. It will definitely be my last chance to see them before they leave for Indonesia. The Lord really worked it out because that is now our first cross-country weekend but I was scheduled for the second weekend so it's not going to be a conflict! They are on the road now for the next month or so out in the mid-west and then thru the deep south here; it's a lot of time in the car and away from home!

And I can't think straight anymore so I'm going to bed. Just had to make myself jot some notes here as it'd been a couple of days. Oh, Time, Time, where art thou, precious Time?

No comments: