Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another one bites the dust!

Another week over, finally! This one was only 4 days long but it felt like forever! Thankfully it is now finally over. We reported at 0950 today for CAI academics and then had 1330 formal report and EPQ, which I actually think I passed this time! Yay for avoiding Pro-cap by the skin of my teeth so far...I had an I-sim first thing today and that one actually went really well for the first time. I've been doing so many instrument sims in a row that I've just been playing catch up, and I actually had enough to prep for this one so it went pretty smoothly. I think I even got an excellent on my first I-sim ever! The key to these is just a ton of preparation so when I get around to flying the thing I can just look at all the notes and diagrams I've drawn and make sure I do all the steps.

Today's flight went pretty well too. I flew with a new guy who's partially assigned to our flight right now just to help us out since we're losing IPs like rats off a sinking ship. This guy made me nervous at first as I didn't know what to expect from him, and he was nit-picking stuff that I've done for like 20 rides now and no one else has had a problem with it...so that kind of stuff threw me off my game a little bit at first. However, that's pretty standard when you fly with an IP for the first time, you kind of have to figure out each of their peculiarities and preferences. Anyways, I just got myself focused in on the flight and had a pretty good sortie. I've only got my to-check left next week and then my final contact checkride itself! We had 5 guys check today, and all of them passed, although many of the scores are nowhere near as pretty as some of the ones from mid-phase. But, what matters is passing! So I'm looking forward to getting mine out of the way, and Lord willing I'll pass it the first time as well! Then we've only got Nav, formation, and I-rides left! But, as easy as that sounds, there's still 3 months of flying T-6s left, so we're not exactly 'almost done' or anything. Though at this pace...I don't know, feels like we should be finishing up next week or something. Boy am I glad for the weekend.

I'm heading out tomorrow morning. Sounds like we're having a big lunch over at grammie and grampie's so I'm planning on getting there around noon or so which means I better get some sleep so I can get up, pack, and head out. Poor Chaos is going to be on his own for a few days, but with enough food, water, kitty litter, and shoestrings to play with, he should be totally fine. I was finishing up a movie tonight with my clothes in the dryer so I closed the kitchen doors to dull the sound from the dryer. And my cat starts running around and messing with everything, and gets into a corner and meows at me repeatedly. Well, he does this kind of thing all the time, he's very talkative, (in fact he's meowing behind me right now, just wants attention...needy thing...he's like a woman! Oh!!! I'm going to be hearing about that comment...) so I didn't think much about it. But then he started up again, and I turned around in time to see him squatting in a peculiar way and he seemed to be concentrating a little too hard for just sitting in a corner. Then I realized he was peeing there on the floor!! So the whole time he was just needing me to open a door so he could get to his box that I had locked him away from (being an unthinking moron). Well, never a dull moment I guess. See, a dog would have been at that door whining, knowing that I would get the idea, or at least giving me a hint by being in the are he knows he needs to get to. But a cat? Noooo....again, like a woman, they want to be as vague as possible while expecting us to read their minds and know exactly what they mean! Oh man, it just keeps coming tonight, I should write a comedic article on these analogies....and the funny thing is I'm obviously single right now...so it's not like I'm dealing with any of this, but it's just flowing from the fingers!

And before the many wonderful ladies who read this blog decide to kill me (all of the above is just a joke, really, women are never needy!) I'm going to bed! Happy 4th of July all, remember the sacrafices made by others so we can have this independence. God bless the USA!

3 comments:

(in)Sain Adventures said...

Really?!?! It's the WOMEN who are needy???? Could'a fooled me! OK...you KNEW that was coming. And from me first! Haha!! Have a great fourth and a safe drive.
~Becky

BTW- If you had a dog, like a man, you would have to make arrangements for it. A cat, like a women, is independent!! Yes, I went there ;-)

Dan Quinlan said...

Haha, that's great, I hadn't thought of it from that angle! Touche, good Becky, touche... You guys have a great fourth too, and tell Allan I'm planning on getting a reply to his email sent off this weekend.

Heather said...

Sounds likes you had a good week. I can tell you were perhaps a bit hyper or something when you wrote your blog with all the comments about women. You know you can cause a great debate with comments like that :-) Actually, I told my brother what you wrote, he thought it was quite funny and said that he liked you- go figure- MEN!(just kidding)
Seriously, I'm glad things are going well. I hope you had a great July 4th!