Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last one out...

I was so excited yesterday about that formal release; so of course today, I have a 5 hour gap in the middle of the day before I go to my sim which is also the very last one of the day. By the time I got out and walked back to the squadron to put my gloves back and get my gear to go home, all the lights were off! So much for getting home earlier, I was the last one out!!

I did run into Bro. Frank Howard on my way back from the sim. He's one of the sim engineers and he's on shift to midnight tonight. I didn't realize it, but during the week they're there 24 hours a day! Anyways we chatted for a good 10 minutes or so before I left the squadron. I just can't express enough my thanks to the Lord for leading me to Lighthouse, it's been such a blessing having a great church family here with friends I can run into and fellowship with like that. I guess this place does have quite a small-town feel to it where you always know someone around you.

Tomorrow is our Nav test followed by the formation test as soon as Monday and then we'll be test complete! I've only got 6 more Instrument events left before the checkride not including the cross-country flights I'll be doing the second weekend in August. Then we just have formation flights left after that! I should be sim-complete here in just another couple of weeks as well, so the flying is really trucking along now. But, still a little more than 2 months of the T-6 left so I'm certainly not slowing anything down. And I'm going to bed. We have to attend a change of command tomorrow morning followed immediately by the test which I'm going to study for when I wake up. Then I only have a first period sim, so I should actually be able to make it to a Wednesday night service for the first time in almost a month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Danny,

That's pretty ironic after your enthusiasm yesterday to be the last one out today. :) You knew it would happen now and then, but not quite so soon... :)

I got to brag about you today to one of my co-workers who'd been in the AF. When I first mentioned that my brother was in the AF too, he made the comment that he had been actually "in the air." Well, next time I got the chance, I mentioned that my brother had graduated from USAFA, was in pilot training in MS, and had his pick between the West Point and USAFA, but he wanted to fly, so.... :) Always proud Danny, even if you'd only done half as well, cause you (almost) always did your best. :D

By the way, Joel's not in Montgomery for FT anymore. :) I think you keep forgetting to take him off the list. :)

Love you,
Your Sis

Dan Quinlan said...

Aww...thanks for the encouragement, Sis! Especially coming from our new Valedictorian (Suma, was it?).

And thank you for the reminder on Joel as well. Which reminds me, I still need to give him a call...

Will try to call sometime this weekend. Say hey to Gramma and have fun together I know she's looking forward to spending some time with you!