Monday, September 29, 2008

The real day 1

This morning we reported to the flight room again and we starting 'ground training 01' which was basically just an intro and some more policies and all from the commander. I'm still off my motorcycle until I can talk to our motorcycle safety guy in the flight, who I've not been able to catch. So far like everyone who's taught us today has had some more of message of doom about motorcycle riding and riders. How I'm going to kill myself, lose training, etc. It's been very comforting...I mean seriously, bunch of worriers, I mean people get hurt all the time doing mundane every-day things. Let alone going up and flying an airplane when you have no idea what you're doing...hello? THAT'S not dangerous? And you want to complain to me about riding a motorcyle a mile and a half to work every day? Anyways, you can tell they're not motorcycle material. It's pretty cool, though, because our new wing commander has a couple of motorcycles himself. The riders will live on!

We then had several hours of class with the T-1 instructors and then I put in about 4 hours of computer based training. Nice thing I finished up everything for tomorrow morning as well so I'm pretty much free until the afternoon when we have pictures. I'll probably still go in at some point though and get ahead some more. I'd like to use the morning to start memorizing boldface and ops limits, and then maybe start on the flaps checklists and all we need memorized by the first day on the flight line as well.

I just finished calling up a bunch of clinics and vets in the area and think I've found where I'm going to take Chaos to get his front paws declawed. (there's no real reason to get the back ones). They say it's best to do it when they're kittens, but it's a little late for that...he's still a young cat so this shouldn't be a problem. The procedure is actually going to be a lot cheaper than I first thought (certainly cheaper than replacing a couch!) Oh yeah, the whole reason I'm doing this now is that it's going to work out for me to move in with a guy in my class named Phil since his room mate got T-44s and will be leaving at the end of October. It'll work out well because Ryan is supposed to leave sometime in the middle of the month or so. So Phil and I will both be needing a room mate, he's got a 4-bedroom house compared to my 3-bedroom, so it looks like I'll be the one doing to moving. I'm just happy I don't have to go to the dorms! Anyways, Phil has some nice furniture including a suede couch that he understandibly doesn't want the cat to scratch, so part of the deal is that I get poor Chaos declawed. From the sound of it he won't be too happy with me for a couple of days after the procedure, but he'll get over it! So I'm going to call back tomorrow and he may be getting the surgery this Friday and they'll keep him overnight and I'll pick him up on Saturday.

Not much went on this past weekend. Friday night I just chilled around the house and then slept in on Saturday. I did my shopping, went to the gym, and then picked up Leroy and Tyrone and we went to the mens activity. They'd fried up several kinds of fish, coleslaw, french fries, onion rings, and hush puppies along with a couple of desserts. It was some good food! Then we had a short devotion and then put together a game of football with me and Pastor Jimmy being the only two adults playing. It was a good time! There was also a party going on at the house of one of our classmates, but by the time I got home I just really didn't feel like going all the way back out there just to stay a short time with a bunch of already drunk people and then turn around and come home in time to get enough sleep for Sunday just to say that I showed up to the event. I did kind of feel bad since I was one of only a couple of our guys who didn't show...but I'll survive I guess. ;)

1 comment:

The Updikes said...

Congratulations on T-1s!!! We're so happy for you! :)