Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday

Had a solid ride this morning with Machen, which is really good because right now we're scheduled to double turn together on Monday and then check together Tuesday. I really hope the weather holds up so that all happens as planned and I can be done with the T-6! Don't get me wrong, I've had a great time so far, but I'm ready to move on with training.

I also got in another workout today. That's number 4 of the week so far, though it's looking like I won't be getting another in tomorrow. If I can keep this up I'll be pretty happy, it's just a matter of the schedule not going crazy on us any time soon.

Tonight the majority of our class met at a mexican restaurant downtown and all had dinner together and then I went with a group to go watch a movie. It was really really stupid, I wish I had those 2 hours back...but at least I got to spend some time out chilling with some people. It was also nice, Rob and I spent about an hour talking after getting back here and just catching up on everything. It's silly that we live next door and don't keep up all the time, but life really is just that crazy here.

Tomorrow's the big Auburn vs MS State game, and I got a call from Bro Chuck Sanders just as we got to the movie earlier. Turns out he's come down with some really bad infection of some sort to the point where he was in the emergency room for a while. So it looks like there's no way he's going to make it tomorrow, and he was the one organizing a lot of this! So I'm going to be doing the shopping and all tomorrow, and then there's 3 guys I'm supposed to pick up and I don't know where a single one of them lives, and then I'm going to Bro. Chuck's house to pick up Samuel, and I don't know where that is either! Then we'll be heading out to the church tailgate in Tuscaloosa somewhere in the vicinity of the stadium. Wow...that's going to be pretty crazy, but I'm not stressing about it at all. The game's not until 1800, and I'll be getting to the commissary around 0900, so we should have PLENTY of time no matter what kind of delays may arise to still get there with tons of time to BBQ and everything. It really should be a great time, it sounds like a decent sized group of church members will be out there.

No comments: