Thursday, September 18, 2008

One week to track select

Not much has gone on the last couple of days, wich is really nice for a change! Yesterday I had 4 hours in the RSU doing recorder, and before that I got some shopping done for the squadron snacko store. Then today I had the T-38 sim where you basically fly the exact same ILS over and over again but you start at 200 knots and add 50 each time until you do it the last time at 600 knots. Things happen pretty quickly when you're moving that ridiculously fast! I actually thought I did pretty well! The only time I crashed was on the very first one and that's because I just blew straight through the decision height after focusing on somethign else. Then for the last 5 mintues or so the IP cleared the weather and I just flew around for fun including buzzing the tower and doing some aerobatics. Then Downing and I ran to the commissary to stock the snackshop once again. I think as of today we've officially turned it all over to the next flight in line, or at least I hope we did! I'm sick of people always complaining to me about not having their specific brand of soda or chocolate bar there when they want it. I then got home at a decent time of the afternoon, hit the gym, did some laundry, and worked on my lesson.

Tomorrow we've got a commander's call at 9, and then we'll meet back in the squadron briefly after that, and then we should be done for the day! I have Monday off too, which will make it a really nice and long weekend. I'd be going to Montgomery but the weekend won't work out. Tomorrow night is a church chat, and those are always a great time. Then Saturday the youth are going bowling and I've started working on the lesson I'll be giving then. Should be a great weekend!

No comments: