Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend summary

Had a good weekend, but way too short as always. It was actually quite nice this weekend, though, as this is the first one in about a month that I haven't had a huge test or checkride (or both) or anything of that nature hanging over my head. Friday night I just lazed about here and Ryan and I took our bikes into town and picked up some movies. We made it through one Friday night and then hit the hay.

Saturday I watched another movie and also did my usual saturday shopping. I also repainted the forks on my motorcycle which were pretty badly chipped from rocks and stuff, and were looking pretty bad after I'd scraped off an inspection sticker last weekend. I took a bunch of paper bags and tore and shaped them around all the parts next to the forks that I didn't want the paint to get on as it was a spray paint. It turned out pretty good, and certainly looks a lot better than it did, but if you look closely you can tell it's been repainted. In the future for something like that I'll definately be looking for something that I can paint on instead of spray on as I'd have a lot more control over that and I'm sure it would look better in the end, but this turned out all right. I also got a pretty good workout in. It had been over a week since i'd been sick and so busy, and I really didn't want to go, but I forced myself and am glad of it. However, my left arm tonight is just killing me; I think I may have overdone it after being out for a week plus. Oh well, it'll heal, and I'm planning on hitting the gym again tomorrow.

Today church was really good, with some great messages. I also got asked to open the morning service in prayer again. I don't know why, but it makes me nervous every time. When I give briefings or things like that in UPT, it's no big deal and I don't even think twice about it. But standing on the platform behind the pulpit...I guess it just seems more like hallowed ground, and in reality, I guess it is! Anyways, it's not somehting I'll ever take lightly. This evening after the service the teens had a fund raiser with hotdogs and burgers that I was able to stick around for. I ended up chatting with Bro. Frank and Sarah for quite a while afterwards and enjoyed that. Thankfully, after 3 early weeks in a row we don't have to report until after 8 tomorrow morning. I'm not flying tomorrow, but I am double turning sims, so it will still be a pretty busy day, and from the schedule it looks like we'll be there pretty late tomorrow. At this point I'm only 3 flights away from my final contact check, so I'm curious to see if they'll be getting me to that by Thursday or if it'll be after the break for the 4th. I'd kind of like to get it done beforehand while everything's fresh and then I don't have to worry about it at all; but I'll fine with it either way. I called up Mich and Luke and talked to Luke for a bit and it looks like they'll be around next weekend so I'm planning on spending the 4th with them. It sounds like Auntie will be coming in on Monday or Tuesday, but sadly it looks like I'm going to just miss her.

Oh, this was awesome: Miss Connie, (the pastor's wife) came over after the meal while I was chatting and handed me a bunch of cookies wrapped in foil. And yes, that is certainly awesome, but what i was getting at was what she said as she gave them to me. She said that I was looking skinnier than she'd last seen me and it looked like I'd lost weight and needed the cookies. :) Haha! So maybe all this forcing myself to hit the gym is slowing paying off! Looking back at my calendar for June I've been really consistent all month besides when I was sick, and that's probably the longest time I've ever been super consistent at working out. So if I can keep this up I know it'll pay off in the long run. I guess I'm just continually practicing and trying to grow in self-discipline--it's something I can always improve in! And speaking of discipline, it's going on 2230 so I'd better be heading to bed. I want to get up with plenty of time for a good breakfast and some review before going in tomorrow.

No comments: