Monday, June 9, 2008

First Instrument Sim

Had a pretty good weekend. Friday Ryan asked me to join him and Ashley at the bowling alley since she was bringing along a couple of friends as well and guys don't let guys go into situations like that outnumbered! We played a couple of games (and mine were aweful!) and had a pretty good time. Then they came over and we all watched a movie and then chatted for a while before they left. I was so dead by that time that I just crashed in bed and didn't wake up until almost noon on Saturday! Like I usually do I then got my shopping done, and even got a good workout in as well. I met up with Rob over there who was playing racquetball and he asked me to play. I couldn't turn him down as we've had a stiff competition going. I lost the first 2 games and then came back and destroyed him in the 3rd bringing our total to 5 and 5, a stale mate once again! I then spent the rest of the day alternately playing FF and studying.

We are into the 2nd instrument block now and this test is supposed to be even harder than the first! So I reviewed everything we'd studied so far in order to make it easier this coming weekend studying for the test that should be sometime early next week. Sunday morning Rob went with me to sunday school and morning service and then we grabbed some pizza hut buffet on the way back. Also, Jonny has asked me to help him out next weekend with a youth activity for the guys. Sounds like it will be an all-nighter event starting with swimming, and then we'll attend the church 'cottage chat' that night for food and a devotion, and then play some capture the flag and then end up somewhere for the night probably with some x-boxes for more entertainment. Sounds like a good time and I'm really looking forward to helping him out. I feel like I'm getting old because I'm usually wiped out by fridays but I'm sure being around all those 'young kids' will give me some energy to keep up. Afterall, I can't let a bunch of high-school punks show me up, can I?? But seriously I'm looking forward to helping out however I can and I'm praying it will be a fun night for the guys to enjoy together.

Sunday night I then went to Bulllets with a bunch of people from the church including Mr. Fisher who is one of our LSI instructors here and got to talk with him for a bit. He's prior military as well as so I got to pick his brain about a few things to keep in mind for my career.

Today I didn't fly and we actually had a later report due to all the first gos being canceled for a meeting at 8. However, this week is 0530 reports so tomorrow morning will not be as nice! I had my first instrument sim today as well. So now I'm doing both the instrument and contact blocks at the same time. And things just keep getting busier...ugh. The instrument block consists of primarily sim rides with just a couple in the plane, but there are a LOT of sims!

Exciting thing is that I only have 4 more rides until I solo! So, I should be getting my solo ride sometime next week if the weather and all holds up! It's exciting and scary at the same time...mostly exciting!

No comments: