Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Terrible Tuesday

Ok, so it wasn't terrible, but I thought that'd make a catchy title. I did get to fly again today, the first ride of the block, but I was just a little off the whole time. I could never really get into a good rythm and kept making stupid mistakes. O well, like I said yesterday, you have your good days and you have your bad. What was cool about this flight, though, is that it was the first one of a new block, and we get to do spin recoverys in this block; which means we get to put ourselves into a spin so that we can then recover from the spin. Talk about a ride, let me tell you, that's a good time! We started them pointing into the sun so we could count how many times we spun before starting to recover, and it went something like this: sun, ground, sky, ground, sun, sky, lots of ground, my lunch, more ground, sky, sun, recover! Then it just spins tighter for a turn or two before settling out of the spin and I get to pull the plane to nose level at about a 3 or 4 G pull. Spins are fun! On the way back we got to see a really nice sunset from the sky as well. So all in all besides me trying to kill us a couple of times, I guess the ride was OK. My next sortie is going to be pattern-only so we won't be going anywhere but just beating up the pattern here at Columbus, and I could really use that! So I'm praying that ride will be really beneficial.

That's about it for yesterday. We got home around 930 or so, so it was pretty late, but that's going to be pretty standard from here out (unless we go to the early weeks again...hurray...). This morning the maintanance guy finally came by and fixed my toilet, so that's nice. For about the last week or so I've had to reach into the water reservoir and manually pull out and then replace the rubber stopper to get it to flush, so it was a bit of a nuisance.

And I'm off to study. We have academics starting in about 30 minutes or so. I'm not on the schedule to fly today as of last night, so I'm definitely going to the gym and hoping I can get a haircut today as well. Besides that, I'm going to try to get a ton of studying in as we have a quiz tomorrow over a LOT of material.

No comments: