Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend wonder

Ok, so the title of this post may be a little deceiving, this was pretty much just a 'situation normal' type weekend. Friday night I went with Ryan and Ashley to go see Death Race, which was pretty much exactly what I expected. Lots of killing and action wrapped around a very strained plot line, if you could even really call it a plot. Then Saturday I slept in and Fay hit us sometime Friday night so that it's rained straight through the whole weekend. Ryan then went with me downtown to run some errands. We went by Game Ware and they actually had another Ipod like the last one I bought that didn't work! But this one is black, and it works! So I've finally got my hands on an ipod at a decent price. It's a 5th Gen 30Gig and I've got my library of songs on it now with plent of room to spare.

I also picked up brake pads for my bike and plan on replacing the front brakes some time this week. Then I got some shopping done at Walmart before we came back here and finished up at the BX and Commissary. Oh, I also bought Assassin's Creed for the 360 and played that for a few hours last night.

Church was good as always today. Bro. Jonny told me they're having a youth activity at the base bowling alley in September and has asked me to give a devotion for that as well. So I need to come up with a good topic and start developing that soon. I'm excited to get another chance to talk to them and pray the Lord will use me to speak to some hearts. Also, on the 13th Auburn is playing at MS State and Bro. Chuck is doing a 'Christian tailgate' he's invited the church to and asked me to help with. Should be fun! Anyways, I've now got something going on every single weekend of next month, which is awesome!

Also, I'm going to spend this coming 3-day weekend in Montgomery, it will be great to see every one out there again. That's why I'm trying to get those brakes in this week as I'm planning on taking my bike if the weather's good.

Tomorrow I'm double turning with a low-level with Col Boulard in the morning and a formation ride in the afternoon with Dove being solo on my wing. Should be a fun day! Puts me 2 rides closer to being done too! Won't be long now, looks like September 26th is track select, so really only a month to go in the T-6!

3 comments:

The Updikes said...

Hey Dan. Sounds like you've been busy! Trent tracks the same time as you. I'm so excited for you guys to finish this portion of UPT!!! :)

(in)Sain Adventures said...

I'm jealous about y'all tracking!!! Allan JUST soloed! (I just got the pics from Meghan, since I was in Boston). They also have the "Hero Shot" posted on their blog. It was great talking to you on Saturday (as short as it was)!
~B

Dan Quinlan said...

Hey, thanks for the notes! Don't worry, Allan will be getting here sooner than you know, I know for me the time has just flown by!

Yeah, it seems like Trent is on the same schedule as me. Is he still wanting to track T-38s? Best of luck to him!

Can't wait to see everybody at Jon and Alicia's wedding in November, it's been way too long!