Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I got us in trouble...

Ok, let me say from the start: oops, my bad. So I got in a little early today and Lenny caught me and started asking if I was the last one to sit FIDO on Friday. And I started thinking, Friday, I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone on Friday! But, yeah, I was the last one at Fido on Friday. (Fido is the desk in our flight room that is supposed to be 'manned' all day but is in reality the biggest waste of time because it serves absolutely no real purpose) I also had sat Fido the whole day on Friday while I was running around making 2 different runs for Snacko, and helping organizing the counting of the coins for that competition we'd had. And yes, I did leave while the last jets were in the air...but I thought we had left someone in the room, and I also hadn't really actually been at the desk itself for most of the afternoon. So, yes, I guess I did leave it empty for the half hour or so before the last guys got back. So again, all that being said, it certainly was my fault, but I didn't think it made a difference since absolutely nothing was going on. So, evidently our flight commander got back and saw the desk was empty and chewed out our student flight leader for a while about leaving it empty. So he had a talk with us in front of the IPs this morning laying out the exact rules about the nature of the FIDO desk. (better late than never I guess) So yeah, I started this day off on a great foot!

I was scheduled for 2 flights, but nobody flew because had a big storm all day. Then we had a 3+ hour briefing from IPs who'd flown all different planes in the Air Force to give us an idea of what to expect in each platform and to answer any questions. It was really great to present all of that info and I know we all really appreciated it, but it was over 3 hours straight and literally there wasn't even a bathroom break there! So it seemed to take forever. Anyways, then we terminated for the day and all went home.

Oh, and our class patches arrived today too! So FINALLY we're now all wearing our class patches as we'll do for the rest of UPT. I think they actually turned out really great.

I also heard back from a guy selling his 2.4GHZ Pentium 4 for really cheap and I'm going to look at that tomorrow and probably pick it up from him. I'm still wanting to put together my ultimate gaming machine some day, but this will at least upgrade me from my 5 year old laptop to something a little faster without a lot of $$ right now.

And it's off to bed for this guy. Here's hoping the weather's better tomorrow. I'm supposed to double turn a low level into a formation ride again, we'll see!

No comments: